These fragrant Maple Pecan Christmas Cookies make our entire house smell like Christmas! Try baking them with your little ones this Christmas to share with family and loved ones.
Bake mini cookies and add them to your Christmas table as a special decorative item.
Or bake a bulk batch, place in some beautiful glass jars with a ribbon and hand out as a homemade, earth-friendly Christmas gift.
Note that the buckwheat cookie dough needs to rest. So, please keep that in mind and warn your little people to be a patient before you start.
Let’s get baking!
MAPLE PECAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground pimento spice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 + 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup pecan pieces, roasted and chopped (you can absolutely add more if your budget allows for it)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring together. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Place the entire batch in the fridge for at least four hours or until the dough has firmed up.
- Remove from the fridge.
- Scoop a tbsp of the mixture into your hand and roll into a ball.
- Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Refrigerate again until the balls have firmed up.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius
- Place the firmed up balls of dough onto a Silpat (or any other cling-free flat surface suitable for baking).
- Bake for between 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are cooked on top and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before you try to move them.
- Store in an air-tight container and enjoy with your favourite people.
Here’s to a festive season filled with Good Eats for good, healthy living!